If you have specified Fibre Cement in the past for medium or high rise buildings or are specifying in the future – rest assured with BGC.
Our robust range of facades and linings systems are deemed to comply – offering an innovative and safe solution for all your specification needs.
Our full range includes:
- Compressed Fibre Cement
- Architectural designed weatherboards
- Grooved and profiled cladding
There are 4 key indices in respect of fire, BGC’s products have the following performance against these indices:
Ignition index = 0
Fibre Cement does not ignite
Spread of flame index = 0
There is no spread of fire with Fibre Cement
Heat evolved index = 0
Heat does not evolve from Fibre Cement
Smoke developed index = 0-1
Smoke is not emitted from Fibre Cement
BAL – Bushfire Attack LevelBGC's products can achieve up to BAL 40 as per AS 3959:2009
Rigorous fire testing
Tested in Australia by accredited Australian authorities such as CSIRO and Exova Warringtonfire.
Fire testing complies with Australian Standard AS1530 – part 4 ‘Fire and Resistance Tests of Elements of Building Construction’.
Specify Fibre Cement façade systems with confidence
Our products meet all the NCC 2016 Building Code of Australia requirements for exterior lining systems. Delivering in the key objectives to:
- safeguard people from illness or injury due to fire in a building
- safeguard occupants from illness or injury while evacuating a building during a fire; and
- facilitate the activities of emergency services personnel; and
- avoid the spread of fire between buildings; and
- protect other property from physical damage caused by structural failure of a building as a result of fire.