LEARN, AND EARN CPD POINTS
Are you confident you know how to specify Fibre Cement linings for medium and high rise buildings? BGC Fibre Cement can help you learn how to meet all relevant ISO, AS and BCA standards and codes.
Our presentations are designed to run for 1 hour and will gain you 1 CPD point. We have technical experts who have been approved by Refuel to present to you in each state of Australia. BGC is an Australian based construction business and we have been manufacturing Fibre Cement for over 20 years so we have an extensive knowledge of all relevant Australian Standards. We’d like to share that knowledge with you and further your understanding of Fibre Cement, its qualities, benefits and how it can meet your specification requirements.
There are 2 modules and we recommend attending module 1A first as this will give you a solid grounding of knowledge of how Fibre Cement is manufactured, how it is installed and how it is finished. Module 2 dives deeper into the standards applicable such as fire, acoustic and waterproofing.
THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATIONS PERTAIN TO ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN IN ALL REGIONS OF AUSTRALIA AND ACROSS ALL SECTORS SUCH AS RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL, MEDICAL, EDUCATION AND RECREATION.
Fibre Cement in Lightweight Buildings
This module is about compliance, certification and design. It covers:
- How Fibre Cement is manufactured
- The benefits of Fibre Cement
- How to achieve different architectural outcomes with Fibre Cement in façades
- The various NCC and ISO codes that Fibre Cement needs to comply with
- How to install Fibre Cement façade systems
- The various finishes able to be achieved when using Fibre Cement
- Achieving lower embodied energy in a building with Fibre Cement.
Specifying Fibre Cement in Lightweight Buildings
This module is about how to specify Fibre Cement in accordance with various codes of the BCA:
- The BCA: building exterior lining systems
- NCC 2016 BCA Section F: Damp and weatherproofing
- NCC 2016 BCA Section F: Sound transmission and insulation
- NCC 2016 BCA Section C: Fire resistance and stability
- NCC 2016 BCA Section J: Building fabric
- Fibre Cement in boundary walls to meet BAL standards
- Construction details required to meet thermal and moisture standards
- Architectural features achieved using Fibre Cement